Thursday, April 2, 2015

Dr Seuss day

So on Friday we had Dr. Seuss day.  It was actually all week, but on Friday was the big dress up day.  It is such a fun spirit week and the kids look forward to it every year.


The kids decided they wanted to dress up this year and thanks to Ms. Mendoza the boys were able to dress up as Thing 1 and Thing 2.  They were great!!!


Ms. Mendoza and Ms. Longo let me join in with them again this year.  Can you guess what story it is?!?  I am the lion in this picture.  It is 10 apples up on top!


They had a huge parade on the track at school and anybody who dressed up could be in it.  Michael getting ready for the parade.


AJ finally made it so he could be in the parade as well!!!  


I asked Michael's teacher if I could make a special treat for Dr Seuss day and she said yes.  So I decided to make rainbow cupcakes.


Michael passing them out to their classmates.


I was extremely proud of them!  It was the first time that I ever tried something like this and as you can see not only did I do rainbow frosting, but rainbow cupcake as well!!  The kids LOVED them!!!  I also made a special snack for AJ's class who enjoyed them as well!!!


We had the first scholastic book fair in Germany in a long, long time.  I was helping with that while my wonderful husband took the kids around.  All the kids including my own loved to be able to shop for books.  There is only one place here that you can buy books and it is not good at all, so it was nice to get a few more to choose from.


That night we went to Dr. Seuss night and we made our grand entrance with Andy as the bear with the mop.  It is always a fun night!


Michael decided to play soccer with Miles outside for awhile because it was so nice out!


The boys eating their green eggs and ham!!!


The boys doing some of the activities - the prize walk!


AJ frosting his cupcake.  It was another fun and wonderful evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment