Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It has been awhile since I posted. This pre-Christmas stuff is keeping me really busy. And I thought I was busy before. :-) The boys were asking and asking to put up a Christmas tree this year. We left ours at home because it was 110 volt and all of our decorations. Well Mommy is a softy and this will be our first Christmas at our house since David and I have been married, so I bought a small tree with one strand of 220V lights. As I mentioned before I didn't bring any decorations, so this year we made all of our decorations on the tree. We are almost done with them, I have been a little busy and haven't gotten the strings on the last of them, but it is looking a little more festive.

 
The start of our Christmas tree being put up.  Can I tell you how excited the boys were for David to get home because I told them we couldn't put it up until he got home.  That was a long time for the boys.

 
AJ is holding our paper chain that we made.  It is 180cm tall, tall enough to fit a few presents underneath!
 
Then Michael had his gift exchange at his school.  He had so much fun at his party.  By the time they got to the sixth person, chaos was starting to ensue.  Everybody wanted to see what everybody else got and then started playing with the toys.  The teachers had a really hard time keeping them in line, but were able to get the last few presents opened so they could move on to their cupcakes.

 
Michael was eagerly awaiting the present he was getting

 
ripping into it

 
So happy--sugar, sugar and more sugar!!

 
Totally enjoying his cupcake, they tried to make it a little healthy with the banana and there were only a couple of the kids that actually ate those  :-)

 
This is the boys painting the new ornaments they made.  We did two different types one with applesauce and cinnamon and one with cornstarch and baking soda.  It has been fun that is for sure!  We went to Wiesbaden Christmas market on Saturday and will post pictures on that one tomorrow (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment