Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hiking with Michael

On Wednesday the day was a beautiful one, so Michael and I were invited by one of his school friends and mom to go on an impromptu hike.  I am still not sure how she found this spot, but it was beautiful.  I seem to be saying that a lot lately in my posts, but it is so true!!  The scenery is just amazing!  We drove for awhile and we started out with a duck pond.

 
As you can see, there were also swans.  I wasn't really prepared for feeding the ducks, so they got some marshmallow cereal instead of bread.  Hopefully they didn't get on too much of a sugar high.

 
Michael at the start of our hike ready to go!!

 
As you can see it was still really cold.  We had to keep moving to stay warm. 

 
A look as we were headed up stream

 
Michael wanted to be in the lead - so he was always out front, I told him he had to stay within sight and was really good about it!

 
I just thought these rocks were really cool and out of nowhere.

 
Michael doing his dance on one of the many bridges that we crossed!!  He really cracks me up!!

 
Somebody cut out this triangle and the boys thought is was cool, Michael peeking back at me

 
The view through it

He wanted to show me he could stand on one foot!

 
Not sure what this was for, but Michael wanted his picture with it.  It was a great hike and my friend said it is pretty any time of year and during the summer by the duck pond they serve fresh meat that they grow right there.  We will definitely be going back there this summer.  Also then Michael could actually get in the water.  He really wanted to this day, but with it being near freezing I told him he had to wait.  LOL  I remember not feeling the cold when I was little, but I don't think I was ever like that.  I think it is going to be a great find for burning off some energy and checking it out during all the different seasons of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment