Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sports, sports and more sports

So on Saturday September 6 we had a really busy day and were trying to fit everything in like usual.  The first thing we had was opening ceremonies for the boys' sports.  It is a huge event that they do every year.  This is the first year that the boys have actually wanted to do it, so off we went to the complete chaos.

 
They had cement bleachers there, but luckily I had the camping chairs thrown in the car for the game later that day, much more comfortable!  The boys before the big parade.

 
Michael in his new uniform - he looks handsome!

 
One of the parents made this awesome sign for the boys while they marched in the parade!!  Michael is holding the end closest to the crowd.

 
AJ's team didn't have uniforms yet, for some reason there was a mix up so they wore red that day.

 
I felt sorry for the kids, they had to stand and go through all the ceremonies and talks, but they all did such a wonderful job!!!  I was really impressed!
 
 
The football team waiting  for the rest of the ceremony to get going.

 
They even had the color guard to open the ceremonies and there is one thing our kids are very respectful.  After the ceremony was over David headed back to Vogelweh with AJ for his football game and Michael and I headed to the BX for the scout expo.

 
So Michael changed from soccer to scout uniform and I helped them set up and get things going.  We couldn't stay long because we had to get to AJ's football game, but at least we were able to help! 
 
 
So Michael and I headed to the game and luckily we were in time to see this double reverse where AJ is getting the ball.

 
He then ran it in for a touchdown!!!!  He did so awesome!!!  He was really working and trying his hardest out there!!!  Unfortunately we had a karate seminar that day also, so he was only able to play the first half of the game and then we had to leave really quickly, grab some lunch to throw down our throats and head to another base for the seminar.

 
Luckily we made it in time and AJ is all smiles while he is learning more and working on getting his stripes towards his blue belt.

 
Michael concentrating really hard at the end of the seminar so he can pass the test.  Both boys did so wonderful!!!!  They learned a lot and paid attention!!  While they were working on their blue belts I was working on my orange belt.  I was fortunate enough to work with Professor George and he worked us hard.  There were three adults including me.  He even made us demonstrate in front of everybody a new form.  Good practice though!

 
At the end of the afternoon both boys became blue belts!!  They were soooo excited and David and I are so proud!!!  They really do love karate and are excelling at it!!  They are also excited now when they help out in a class they can make kids to push ups!  I guess a good side benefit!!!! 

 
I also received my next belt, so I am an orange belt now!!!  One more belt and I get my black uniform and I am really excited about that!!!  I am trying to catch up to the boys but man, they keep going and going, though now they are getting higher it is going to take them a little more time to get their belts so I might be able to catch them by their next belt, we shall see!!!  It was a busy day and we celebrated with some friends afterwards at Pizza Hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment