Monday, September 14, 2015

Karate Seminar

On Saturday, September 5th there was a karate seminar.  The boys and I were both going for our next belt, their brown belt and myself the black belt.


AJ working with Master Jay on his knife defense - he is not going to let a knife get to him!


My turn - Master Jay was trying hard to get me, but I survived unscathed as well.


Michael working hard on earning his stripes!


AJ concentrating and taking the seminar very seriously!!  I love it!!!!


We moved on to gun defense.


I gave master Jay a good punch in the face.


See he is almost knocked out.  LOL  He is such a good actor.


Michael taking his turn.


Master Jay was a little afraid that Michael might actually hit him.  LOL


AJ taking on Master Jay with the cane.


AJ getting  his black stripes after the seminar.


Michael getting his testing stripe, AJ waiting his turn.


Michael with his new belt and Master Jay!!  I am so very proud of him!


AJ and Master Jay with his brown belt.


I am getting my testing stripe!!!


I am so, so proud of my boys getting their brown belts!  They have stuck with it and have done such a great job learning all that they teach!


The one time we all had our brown belts together!!!!


The boys with their mentor Master Jay!!!  He has been great teaching the boys and is a wealth of knowledge.


The start of my black belt testing.  I was so nervous.  We had to answer questions to start.


Then came doing all seven of the katas.  After that we had to go through all of our defense and stripes.


Thankfully I passed and Professor Jorge tying on my black belt!!!


All the senseis there that did the testing.


Master Jay and I with my new black belt!!  I was very excited to earn it and ready to learn more.  I have another year and a half to try and make a second degree by the time we leave Germany.  I know the boys won't be too far behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment