Saturday, July 30, 2016

Writers Breakfast and Student council

The second grade invited the parents to a breakfast to read some of their works they did throughout the year.  Thankfully my wonderful teacher let me sneak away from class so I could go and listen to Michael read.


I had to wait till the last minute to go, so Michael was anxiously waiting for me and was very happy when I showed up!!!


Selfie time!!!!  Aren't we so cute!


Michael reading me some of his fantastic writing!  He really excelled this year!!!



Mrs. Langston's class recited a poem for all the parents that were there!  They all did a fabulous job!!!


After school AJ had his last student council meeting of the year.  Since I was helping out, Michael was able to join as well.  He was very excited!!!


Andy put me on the spot and asked me to play a few games with the kids.  Thankfully I have a few games up my sleeves that I could pull out at a moments notice and not needing any props.


Michael running to keep up with the crowd!!


I made them do a crab walk relay.  It was hilarious to watch all the kids go!!  AJ did a great job!!


And what are relay races without the wheelbarrow!!  I am not sure which was funnier, the wheelbarrow or the crab walk.  The kids were falling down laughing!!  It was great!!!


AJ with a little sweaty hair and a new hairdo!!


Then it was back into Mrs. M's room for dinner.  David had grilled the burgers up the night before for them and the kids chowed down!


It was a great bunch of kids!!!  They were having a wonderful time if you couldn't tell!!!  :-)


Next Andy thought it would be a good idea to do a water balloon toss.  It was already starting to rain, so what is a little more water.


There was an odd number of kids, so I jumped in so everybody could have a partner.


And then Andy thought it would be a good idea to pop a water balloon over my head.  Then we lost all control after that and the kids were going around popping balloons on everybody's head!!  It was truly a blast and I think everybody had a great last meeting!!!  We are so thankful to have such wonderful leaders for the school's student council program!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment