Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Karate Tech Tournament

On Saturday, October 22nd, the boys and I had a karate tournament.  This is the first one I have been able to participate it.  We had a busy Saturday because both boys had games as well.  Thankfully David was there to help because I was at the tournament all day judging and couldn't leave.


Michael was up first in karate and AJ was out at football.  Michael was waiting until his group was called.


The one problem with me judging during the tournament is that I can't get very many pictures.  Michael getting ready to stretch out.


Michael doing his forms.  I was up on stage to give awards so I was able to snap a picture.


He didn't place, but he did well.  I was proud of him for doing it because at first he didn't want to.


Sparing time for Michael.  As soon as Michael was done with sparring he had to change quick into football gear and head towards his game.  AJ came back and switched into his gi.


AJ's turn to spar.  Neither boy placed this year, but they were out there and trying.


Next up was my turn.  Unfortunately I didn't start far enough forward so I slipped on a table cloth and messed up my flow.  But a lesson learned.


I took third place in forms.


Next was sparring, there was only one other adult female so that is who I sparred.  She was a tank!  When she got moving it was hard to stop here.


But I did beat her in the end 2 out of 3.  It was great to be able to participate in a tournament after having watched my boys the past three years.


Sensei Dunya and myself after the tournament.  She is my inspiration and is fabulous!  I have learned a lot from her.


Here is the crew - myself, Master Jay, Sensei Dunya - had a great day!  It was a LONG day on my feet and judging, but it was good.  I went back the next day and did it again for the little ones ages 4-6.  They were cute, but again it was tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment