Monday, May 8, 2017

Thanksgiving vacation - Disneyland Paris - Day 1

So, I had asked the boys on separate occasions if they could do any vacation over again, what would it be.  Both boys said Disneyland Paris.  I had said over and over, that we don't have enough time to do any trip twice.  But little did they know, I planned a trip to Disneyland for them during Thanksgiving break.


AJ set in and ready for our long drive.


Michael also ready for the long drive.  They kept asking where we were going and all I told them was France.  They were like AGAIN?


Our crazy driver!!  I am so glad he is willing to do most of the driving!!  It is a blessing!!


I made sure the boys were well occupied on their electronics for the drive, so they didn't see any signs.  We arrived at the Davy Crockett Ranch and went to go check in.  They boys were just having a great time not noticing where they were.


All of a sudden AJ looks up and says this looks familiar.


It looks like where we stayed when we went to Disneyland Paris.


I asked him to repeat what he said and the realization started to set in where we were!!!


Then the excitement hit!!!  It made my heart so glad to see their faces and how excited they were to be here!!!


The joy on these faces made it all worth it, keeping the secret for so long!  We checked in, got our tickets to Disneyland and headed out again.


And there it is!!!  They say the happiest place on Earth - though for me that is wherever my family is!


A little welcome from Mickey Mouse!!!


It is late November so it was a little cold, but that wasn't going to stop our fun for the day!!!


I am not sure who was more excited, the boys or me?  Ready to head into Disneyland!!!


Standing on Mickey's head LOL


The boys in front of the magic wand.


We are finally there - at the entrance of Disneyland!!!


The family - love all those smiles and so glad that David was able to join us this time!!


Even if it is a little cold - it is still a beautiful sight!!


One thing I do love about coming at this time is that they are already decorated for Christmas!!!  It looks soooo pretty!!!!!


We walked in perfect timing for one of the parades!!!  The Toy Story crew all wrapped up!


One of my favorite characters - Pluto!!!


When you go to Disneyland you have to have a picture in front of the palace!!!  We had a picture in front of the real one as well!!!


Our first stop for AJ and I was Space Mountain!!!!  Last time we only were able to ride it once because it was closed every day except the last one and then we rode it once and it broke.  So we were very excited about it!!!  We went a couple of times!!!


As we were coming out, there was another show going on.  The boys said they didn't want to stop and watch this one.  I am not sure why?!?  LOL


Michael and AJ in front of the palace!!!  Look at that - no people in the background!!!  That is another reason I love to come this time of year - if you go during the week, there are hardly any lines!!!


We headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean!


I love this one with the dog and the key!


We decided it was about lunch time, so we stopped at one of the cafes.  AJ playing the drums for us for lunch!!


Michael decided to try his hand at it.  They weren't too bad!!


We split up at this point and Michael and David went to the Adventure Isle and AJ and I headed over to Indian Jones.


Michael in the crow's nest of Captain Hook's ship.


This would be a great fort to have in your backyard!!!


Boys and their guns, or cannons!


We caught up with them at this point and Michael wanted to show me what he could do!!  He is my monkey!


The boys being soldiers at the Haunted House.  They weren't so sure about this ride, but I told them they did it three years ago, so they said OK.  They both really enjoyed themselves!



Our ghostly boys!


I LOVE the Christmas decorations and the boys aren't too bad either!!!  ;-)


Michael taking a drive in the Coca-Cola truck!


AJ decided he wanted a turn as well!!  Thankfully neither one of them wrecked it!!!


We then headed over to Walt Disney Studios.  Sitting in front of one of the most famous statues in Disney.


What ride did Michael want to do first?!?  Of course the Rockin' Roller Coaster!!!  He couldn't wait to get there!


Then the boys wanted to do Crush's Coaster. We only do this ride once because it is such a short ride and takes soooo long in line, even during this time of year.  We were told there is sometimes a 2 1/2 hour wait for this ride - so not worth it.


It was starting to get dark and the lights were coming on - so pretty!


Michael was getting a little tired - thankfully David is really strong and can still carry him!!


Night time lights back over at Disneyland.


The castle looks really neat all lit up!!


The boys were good sports because I wanted to come back and see the lighting ceremony for the big Christmas tree!!  Mickey and Minnie were in their whites!!


It was a fun show with lots of singing and dancing of course!!  The crowd was huge though!


Santa even made an appearance!!!  After that we headed back to our cabin.


I cooked some dinner and we sat down to dinner.  I think we were all glad that we were sitting down! 


I can't remember why they were looking at each other this way, but I thought it was hilarious!!!  We had a wonderful first day at Disneyland and headed to bed fairly early so we could be at the park bright and early the next day for another full day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment