Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dr Seuss Week

The boys and I have been really busy these past couple of weeks.  This last week was Dr Seuss week at their school.  So of course there were lots of fun things going on!!


On Tuesday it was crazy hat day.  I was a little behind, but luckily his teacher had a few extra hats!  She is always so prepared!


Here they are walking around the court yard.  AJ's class wasn't able to make it because of a few different things that happen that day.


Then on Wednesday Michael became Thing 1 or is he Thing 2?


On Friday it was dress as your favorite character day.  So Michael wanted to be Cat in the Hat, with a little luck that I had a few things, I was able to make a bow tie and again Ms Mendoza came to the rescue with the hat!


This year Michael's teachers were dressing up as Truffala Trees from the Lorax.  They were nice enough to let me join!


Here we are with our Lorax!!!  Nobody knew who I was behind all that makeup, etc.  I only scared one kid that day.  I figured that was pretty good.  :-)  The fifth graders said they were scared of me, but I think that was more just messing around.


Michael's class did some fun centers that day, one was Bingo, another was creating their own Truffala tree, and of course there was one standing behind him - crazy teacher Ms Longo!



Friday night they had Dr Seuss Family Night.  We started out at the different centers while everybody else ate, it was really smart because there was lots of room there.  The kids were able to move around and do the different activities with ease.


Kind of like a cupcake walk, but they received Dr Seuss prizes!!


The boys loved this one!  It is called Ooblick!  Actually I thought it was really cool too!!!  It is a solid and liquid all at once.  It is only cornstarch and water.  Really cool experiment.


And of course the cupcake decorating station.  AJ was very sweet and at the end of the night he made me a cupcake also!


Then we headed back to the main cafeteria and were in for a show of....


Yertle the Turtle!  It was really cute.


The boys enjoying their green eggs and ham!  I think they are growing because they ate pizza before we got there and then they ate more there.  I am telling you, so much food for two boys.



After the show we had some rousing games of bingo!!  The boys were intently watching for their numbers.


AJ won the final game!!!  He was sooo excited!!!


Michael decorated his after bingo, right before everything was closing down.


I was able to get a picture of AJ with his hat at school.  We had such a great time and a fun week!!!  Also on a side note David is coming home tomorrow!!!  It is two weeks earlier than we thought and we haven't told the boys, he is surprising them tomorrow morning!!  I am so excited and can't even wait!!  That also means traveling will be back on!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment