Saturday, March 8, 2014

Karate Seminar

Today the boys had their first karate seminar.  They were both so excited!!  So excited that Michael woke me up to ask if it was time yet to leave for the seminar way too early in the morning.  I am so happy they are so excited about it!!  It was a three hour seminar to teach them what they needed to know to earn their orange belts.


They boys getting ready for the seminar.


warming up and stretching out, very important as they always tell me.  ;-)


Showing their teachers their blocks.


Then came self defense, they boys were so excited about this part.  They had to get out of holds, etc.  Here they are blocking a knife and then moving the knife into the attackers leg.  During the break they tried those moves on me.  :-)



Next came showing their kata - check out his strong punch and yell!


Michael's turn to show his kata.  They both did AWESOME!!!


Both boys earned their orange belts!!!  They were so excited about it!!! 


My orange belts!!!  They were so happy and ready for their orange belts!!!  They are already talking about when they get their green belts.  I told them they had a little ways to go before they get the next belt. Though they have gone up three belts in just over three months.  They are on a roll.  Maybe they can make their green before summer.  We shall see.  I am sure you have noticed that we haven't done as much traveling lately.  Don't you worry, once David gets home I have trips already planned and ready to go because the travel bug is hitting me hard.  :-)  But soon he will be back and then we will be back on the road again.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment