Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Karate Seminar

As some of you may know and others may not, I have joined karate.  I figured this would be helpful in many ways, one I could help the boys and two I could work on my self defense skills, etc.  I have to admit I have been having a wonderful time!!  It is a small adult class.  I only started in the middle of April.  There was a seminar on Saturday May 3rd so the boys and I decided to go.


They were watching one of their friends doing one of the Katas


The boys warming up and getting ready for the seminar.


AJ working on his double down block


Michael doing his Kata for his next belt.


Master Jay was really nice and he had me working with the red belts (quite a few higher than me) and there was one other adult there that was going for his yellow belt also.  I learned a lot!


Michael waiting patiently to get his green belt!!


AJ getting his green belt and a photo with Professor George!



Michael and his green belt with Professor George.


The boys and I, me with my yellow and them with their green.  I am only two behind them.  ;-)


The boys with one of their favorite instructors, Master Jay.  They are so motivated and love to continue to learn.  They are very upset if they have to miss any classes.  I have been planning trips around karate now.  
:-)  But I am so glad that they love it so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment