Monday, July 6, 2015

Off to Tuscany

So on Saturday June 20th we headed south to the Tuscany area.  This was going to be a longer drive day so I left the day completely open.  We headed down and had an enjoyable drive until we got closer to where we were staying.  As we were driving up and up to our place the road became skinnier and skinnier.  So skinny that I had to push my side mirror in on the passenger side and David was hanging out the window to make sure the wheels were still on the road on his side.  It was very scary because on David's side there was a cliff that went really far down.  Thank goodness David was driving because I don't think I could have done that.  We knew they had skinny roads, but WOW.  I didn't get a picture of it because I was a little too tense to grab out the camera.


With David's awesome driving skills we made it.  As we arrived around 5 pm and there was nobody around to meet us, which is very unusual.  So I called the number and long story short, they didn't realize we were coming.  Something was missed and we didn't have a clean apartment to stay in.  So the lady asked if she could call me back in five minutes.  While I was waiting I took a picture of the view, it was gorgeous!!!


I LOVED the boys' attitude, they said might as well make the most of it!!!!  So they decided to go down and check out the pool.


Here they were looking at bugs and trying to get them out of the water.


Then a little lounging around the pool!!!  I finally received a call and said we could either wait till 7 pm and maybe the apartment would be clean or we can go 15 minutes to another apartment that also had a pool.  So we decided to go to the other apartment.  Her son was coming up to meet us and take us over there.


So we waited and I took some more beautiful pictures of the valley.


It was so peaceful and beautiful there, I was hoping the next place would be too and have a little better road.  ;-)


So what does Michael do while we are waiting, yep climb.  He found a great climbing tree!!!  So we waited for over 30 minutes for her son to arrive.


We are finally on the road heading to the other place!!!  He has a small car and this was big compared to the one we drove on.  So after a 40 minute drive later (as you remember she said 15) we finally arrive at the new place and work on getting things unpacked so I could cook dinner.


YEAH!!!  We actually get to eat!!!  I think everybody was happy to get there and get settled!!!!


After dinner the boys begged if they could go swimming, it was a little late but still warm so I said why not.  So off they went!


I am not sure if Michael was pulling him out of the pool or if AJ was pulling Michael into the pool!!  :-)  LOL


The son said it would be beautiful and he was right!!!  The countryside was beautiful (and the road was a little wider and no cliffs!!)


We could see miles and miles from up here!!


This is the front of our apartment, I LOVE the way it looks and it was quiet even with other families there.


This was the view from our bathroom window - I could get used to that everyday!!!!


A sunset out our bathroom window.  I can't even describe how peaceful it was up there, so quiet and removed from the city.  It was wonderful!!!  It was also wonderful we had a place to stay.  I was worried there for awhile.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment