Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fourth of July weekend

So I gave all the boys a break and I didn't plan anything for the 4th of July weekend.   Nobody could believe that I was staying home on a 4-day.  LOL  So instead we did little things each day.  One day we went to a movie, one day we went bowling and then I decided we had  to try a barefoot park.  I have heard about them since I arrived in Germany and had wanted to try it, so on Monday July 6th off we went. 


David looks so excited here, that is because he LOVES walking barefoot and especially LOVES walking on things that hurt his feet.  ;-)


The start was easing us into it, they are walking on wood chips.


Next was the mud - the boys weren't sure about this at first, it was very liquidy on top but there were also big mounds throughout it that you stepped in and squished between your toes.


At the end of the  walk they decided they liked this part the best though!!!


We all have mud socks on!!!


Michael decided to be the leader of the group, way out in front!


They not only had different things to walk on, but obstacles as well  Here is a bridge where the wood moves side to side.


Michael and AJ working  on their balance!


David did really well on the balance too!!


You can see that the path took us out to the middle of nowhere.


The boys and I seeing how fast we can get through this one, it was a little hot from the sun.


Next was the river crossing, I think it was to help wash off all the mud.


It was pretty deep for the boys, Michael's shorts were wet up to the top.


My turn to  balance with the boys.


The boys liked this one, they hopped from one to the next.


They even had wine corks that you stepped on.


The boys were trying to be still so they could catch the fish that were in there.


David was happy to get off of his feet for awhile and be in the shade!!


Now the boys are fully wet and totally enjoying themselves!!!  They weren't able to catch any fish though.


Tight rope walking, I am really glad that it wasn't high because we all fell off it at least once!!!


They had so many different sensations for your feet, here you are walking on bumpy logs.


My monkeys!!!!


The boys were really good at the balance part of the course!!!


Swinging across the bridge!


The boys really wanted to go across in the boat, so we said yes..  What I didn't even think about was that it is an aluminum boat and the sun has been shining on it all day.  Can I say burnt feet?!?  It was soooooo hot!!  Thankfully David pulled us across the river quickly so we could get off of it.


Michael was doing his best to use all his weight to get AJ up.


Then they decided to have the both of them against me.  They were able to get me up!


It was a beautiful place!


Michael wanted to do the bridge so we had to wait until everybody was done and then we went there and back because I wasn't going to do the boat again.  We had fun, even David, at the park.  Though the boys said once was enough.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment