Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Chess Tournament

So I was downloading my photos from my small camera and totally forgot about the chess club tournament.  Life is a bit crazy in our household from time to time and things do slip.  Michael has been in chess club this year while AJ has been doing Student council.  AJ decided that he wanted to go ahead and enter as well.


Saturday, January 9th, the boys and I headed down to the tournament.  This is AJ's first game.  He hasn't played chess since last year and is deep in thought.


Michael at his first game.  He was the one second grader to play with the third graders.  Mr. Woodfork felt he was ready for the challenge!


Michael playing one of his karate partner as well!  They had a good time with the game.


AJ enjoying his game.


Then Dad comes and look what happens?!?  Wrestling ensues!!!  LOL


Michael wanted a shoulder ride.  Good thing that Daddy is strong!!!


AJ trying to help his brother out.  I am not sure  who is winning at this point.  :-)


And they have Daddy down!!!  I think he went down on his own, but the boys will tell you that they took him down!!!  :-)


Then AJ decided to try and swing Michael around in circles.


And this is what happens.  They both land flat.  LOL


Michael took second place in the third grade division!!!  We were so proud of him.  AJ didn't place this time, but did a great job!!!  It was a fun day and the boys enjoyed themselves!!  I am not sure if it was more wrestling with Dad or playing chess.   As long as they all had fun, that is what matters to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment