Monday, February 8, 2016

Pinewood Derby 2016

On January 13th was the cub scouts annual pinewood derby!  The boys were very excited about it, as was I.  I decided for the first time to enter a car into the adult division!


 Michael and I with our cars before the race.  I had a Wonder Woman car.


Michael did a Seahawk skateboard.  Unfortunately AJ had already checked in his car before I could take a picture.


We arrived early to help set up, so there was a bit of time before the race started.  What better way to pass the time then a little basketball.


 David working on schooling Michael a little in basketball.


Michael decided that he wanted his brother's help in beating his father.  They did a great job against him!


AJ's car is the 2nd from the left with the creeper car.
 

Michael was up first of the three of us.  All the wolves were extremely excited to see their cars race!!!


You can see Michael's car in the middle.


Next up was the Webelos I.  They were ready for the race!


AJ's car is the 2nd from the left.


Michael and Daddy having  a little fun in the background!!


It is a long day, so we bring things for the boys to keep them entertained.  This is in between races.


 AJ and I enjoying the race day!


Now it is my turn to race!!  I was a little nervous for my first race, but excited!!!


Michael took first place in his den!!!  He did an awesome job!!!


The Webelos den.  Unfortunately AJ's car didn't place this time, but it was a fantastic car!!!


I also took first place in my division!!!


Last was the final race for the overall championship!!  They took the first place car in each den.


 Michael did a great job and took 2nd place overall!!!


He was very excited about winning two trophies!!!  After all the races and cleaning up, the boys decided they wanted to play a little basketball.  So I sat down because I knew we would be there for awhile.  They played a little full court and the boy scouts joined in to play with the cub scouts as well.  Thankfully David was there to help even the team playing with the cub scouts!!  They had a lot of fun!  I am not sure if they had more fun with the basketball game or the derby.  Either way it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment