Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Student Council Lock In

On Friday, May 13 - yes Friday the 13th (I told Andy that was a bad idea), student council had their first ever lock in.  I was crazy enough to volunteer to help out all night long!!!  I know I have to be really crazy!!!


I decided that the kids needed to have a bouncy castle for the night, or actually I might have needed it to keep them occupied and the adults from going crazy.  :-)


AJ and Michael were playing some wall ball with one of their friends.


The kids liked to call the bouncy castle, Barney the purple dinosaur.  LOL  I told them it was a dragon.


What lock in is complete with out a few water games!  I can't believe the kids still wanted to do it since it was getting a little cold and the clouds were rolling in.


Next was a relay race, with water of course!



AJ and the leader of student council racing to see who could fill up the bucket first!


Michael running with water over his head.  He was having a great time!!!


After that there were a few water balloons, so we let them take them and throw them at each other!!  They had a blast!!!


After our water games, we walked over to the bowling alley for dinner and some bowling!  The boys did great!


Then back to the MPR for more fun and games!!  AJ borrowed some roller blades and he was having a blast!  Both boys keep asking me for their own pair because they love it so much!


We continued on with more games, a little musical chairs anyone?


We had music blaring I think almost the whole time we were there.  There were two microphones the kids shared throughout the night.  Michael LOVED, LOVED doing karaoke!  He was awesome up there dancing and singing into the microphone!


The gang who stayed the night!!


And of course we had to have a silly picture!!!  :-)


We had some yummy snacks and then it was movie time!!!  In the picture above you can see the big screen we were able to watch the movies on.  Everybody got comfortable, grabbed some popcorn and watched a couple of movies!  We finally finished the movies around 2:15 am and I called it a night for everybody because I was done.  :-)


After a way too early wake up call at 6:15 am, the kids had some breakfast.  All the kids had a blast!!  I have to say I had a pretty good time as well!


We had to head straight to baseball from the lock-in.  Michael's game was first.



Michael had some great hits and made it to base every time!!!  He is getting really good!



AJ's game was in Ramstein a little later.  He wanted to play catcher, so catcher he was this game.  Here he is warming up with his pitcher.


He had some great hits during the game!!!  He is really connecting with the ball!!!


Here he is playing catcher.  He had a good game and did a great job playing catcher!!!

 
It was FREEZING that day so we brought blankets out.  Michael cuddled up into my lap and he finally gave out.  Between the less than four hours of sleep, all the activity of the night and playing in a baseball game, he was done!  I was as well, but I had to stay awake to feed them lunch and then drive them home.  It was a great day and so much fun with student council!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment