Thursday, January 31, 2013

On Sunday I was able to help out in AJ's and Michael's Shining Stars (their church). I have to say I really, really like it!! It is for K-5th grades (I know Michael is a little young, but he does really well in there). They start with some songs and a lesson. They have a great video that is teaching them about Jesus and what he did for us. They do it to a level that all ages learn. Once the first part of the lesson is over they break into grade level groups and then the lesson is taught to their level. I have done the 1st graders both times I was in there. It is so wonderful to see the young learning and catching what the lesson is all about!! They also have a really fun review quiz where they try and catch the monkey (part of the movie) and they get really excited about it!!! I am so glad we found such a wonderful church that we all enjoy! After that we took a brief lunch and headed to AWANAS - where the boys memorize verses and get to play games and make crafts! We have had a great week!! On Tuesday Michael and I went to have lunch with AJ at his school. AJ had been begging me to bring Michael. So we stayed for lunch, then for recess and then we ended up staying an hour and a half after that. Michael fits in with the class so well that AJ's teacher Mrs. Richardson didn't even realize she handed him one of the homework sheets that the class was doing for math. So much so that he actually turned it in (I didn't realize he did that, I guess he saw the other kids doing that so he thought it was the right thing to do). When Mrs. Richardson was grading them the next day she couldn't figure out who it was. It finally dawned on her that it was Michael so she graded it for him and sent it home with AJ. Michael sat through story time and another teacher coming in and teaching the class. I think he is more than ready for Kindergarten! :-) So tomorrow David and I are going to head to Italy. We have two wonderful friends who are watching the boys for the weekend and we are taking a bus down to Italy for Carneval!! We will only be there for the day because it is about a 12 hour-ish ride, but it is going to be wonderful!! And the boys are sooooooooo excited for the sleepover they keep asking if today is the day and that was over a week ago! Their children are just as excited!! I am glad that they all get along so well!! On Monday hopefully I will get my pictures uploaded and show you the beautiful town of Venice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment