Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yabadoo

On the Monday when we were driving home from Belgium I received a text from Cedrick's (one of AJ's classmates) mom and she invited the boys to a place called Yabadoo. I have heard about this indoor play area but had never been. She was so nice and took the boys while David and I went home to unpack. It was a great energy outlet after being in the car for over four hours that day!! They LOVED it and can't wait to go back!! Luckily it was only an American holiday and not a German one so it wasn't really busy. I guess on the weekends it is packed, especially during the winter. We have been having lots of snow and temperatures around 3 degrees F when we walk AJ to the bus and not too much warmer when we get him, usually around 20 degrees F (I like to say F still because then it is not in the negatives). I do have to say with the wind-chill factor I am sure it has been below that. We definitely have been bundling up. But the boys didn't want to leave, I finally had to drag them out of there. It was really a neat place. Huge trampolines, a little train ride, big swings, bouncy slide and quite a bit more. We will definitely go back, maybe on another American holiday.
AJ and Cedric on a ride
It goes upside down - and there is no one there to make sure you are doing it right or safe. It is amazing and the kids LOVED it!!!
Michael's turn, both boys didn't want to stop
This is the only one I could catch them upside down, sorry it is so dark
This was in the middle of the huge room. You had to run up this without any help and then you could slide down if you could make it to the top. We were trying to have them keep their socks on because there was a few sicknesses that were being passed around that made this one difficult with socks, but they prevailed!! Michael was using his knees to get up.
Michael coming down the bouncy slide
That is AJ up at the very top - I wanted to try and get a perspective of how big this really was, it was quite a climb.
AJ and Michael went down the bumpy slide together. They had things that look like cardboard with handles on it that they sat on. On Friday of this week the boys didn't have school either. It was a short week for them. So we decided to go and enjoy some outings. I took them to my German class that I have started taking first. This is a great class, put on free by Army Community Services once a week for an hour. I am getting pretty good at speaking, but can't read it yet. So I am learning how to read it and conjugate verbs, etc. It will definitely help me build my vocabulary. I have gone two weeks now. The boys were great! So after that we went and picked up one of their friends and went bowling. AJ did great the first game, breaking a hundred and then Michael beat AJ the second game. They all had a great time!!! Then they had family bingo night on Ramstein. So the boys and I decided to go and try it out. I have never been to one. The only bingo I have ever played was Lion's club bingo at our local county fair in Cashmere. It was quite a bit different and a lot of fun!! The boys were a little disappointed that we didn't win anything, but a good time was had by all.
They had a person that was making balloon animals. AJ decided he wanted a hat and Michael a snake.
Later that night Michael decided that he wanted a hat like his brother!!
AJ decided he wanted a mouse for his second one. :-) It was great evening and nice to get out and do something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment