Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Earth Day

Now that I am done with my Ireland posts, I will catch up on the other stuff that has been happening around here.  The boys have started t-ball and coach pitch and are enjoying it.  It is a long drive to get to practice and back, but it is worth it.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate.  Their first game was supposed to be last Saturday but it was rained out.

On Monday the 22nd it was Earth day and another mom from Michael's class wanted to do some fun stuff with the kids that revolves around Earth day.  So we basically took over the class, again.  :-)  We have so much fun volunteering in there together!!  I am really surprised more moms don't want to go and hang out with them.  The class is a really good class and fun to be around!!  Even when I don't stay to volunteer, the kids know I always read books before I leave Michael, so they all pick out a book and I end up reading quite a few books in the morning before I leave.  It is worth it though because Michael really loves me reading!

 
Here Michael is making a his flower for his edible dirt - the kids made all different types of flowers.  It was great to see all of their imaginations at work.

 
Here is Michael's finished edible dirt - it is crushed Oreos, pudding and few other things mixed in, including a worm.  You can't have dirt without worms!

 
I think Michael's favorite part was the worms.  :-)

 
 
This is my normal pose in the morning but usually with more kids around.  We read books while we were waiting for the other kids to finish up.

 
Then we went outside to plant seeds.  Jeri bought seeds that are fast sprouting so the kids could see the results a lot faster.  When I was in the classroom on Monday this week there was already tall sprouts coming out.  The kids thought it was really cool!!!

 
Here Michael is deciding on what seeds to pick.  He ended up with corn and thought it was so cool that the seeds looked like corn kernels!!  He cracks me up!

 
One of Michael's favorite things to do at his outdoor play is play soccer!!!  Luckily his teacher Mr. Angel loves to play with him too!!  So we kicked the ball around for awhile when we were done planting all the seeds.  It was a fun day and so glad I can be involved in their education!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment