Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

So the boys were very excited for Valentine's day at school.  I volunteered at the school during the day and helped out in both classes.  AJ's class is a little older now so they didn't have as big of a party as last year, but last year it was also the 100th day of school, so it was a joint celebration.  I started out in Michael's class.  Every morning they do songs with letters and skip counting.  Whenever I go in, I love to join them!  They pick a different student to lead each song.


Michael led one of my favorite skip counting songs - skip counting by 11.  It has a great beat!!


So of course I had to join him!!!  It was a lot of fun!!!


Then off to Valentine's day centers.  Michael started out at bingo.  He won twice and was so excited!!!!  One reason is there was a prize box for whoever won!



Look at the concentration on this kid!  I love his focus!!!


He also made a Valentine's head band!  Then Michael had a pizza party and ate the cupcakes that we made.  Later in the day they also had banana splits - talk about hyper kids!  Then it was off to AJ's party.


The kids putting their Valentine's in their monkey boxes.


AJ and his teacher deep in conversation.  We LOVE Mrs Richardson!!!


AJ and Mommy!!!  Aren't we cute?


AJ with his Monkey box for Valentine's Day


All the cupcakes we made for his class.  I know next time not to volunteer for both classes to make cupcakes next year.  :-)


Setting it out for his classmates.  Both boys had a great day!!  They received tons of Valentine's and of course candy!!  We all enjoyed the day though I was exhausted by the end of it.  It has been a long week!!  So we rented some movies for the night and settled in for some video games and movie watching.  It was a great relaxing evening!!!  I missed the love of my life since he was half way across the world, but he is always with me and I know how much he loves me!  We don't have to have a special day to celebrate because we celebrate our love daily!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment