Thursday, November 13, 2014

Soccer, Color Run and Bowl-a-thon

We had one busy weekend, well that is actually almost every weekend.  On Saturday we started out with Michael's soccer game.  It was to be his last game because the next weekend I had other plans already.

 
Michael heading in for the goal - it was cold so he kept his sweatshirt on for the first part.

 
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
He is always in the mix and chasing after that ball, he really improved over the season!!!!

 
Then we headed over really quick to another base because we were getting ready for our first ever color run!!!!  Here the boys are colorless and ready to go.  We only had one scooter because AJ's broke last weekend in Poland and I didn't have time to go get him a new one.  So the boys did great sharing but there was part of the run I was carrying it because they were so excited about throwing color at other people!

 
The beginning of the race, there were a lot of people there, quite a few in costumes or silly stuff.

 
It was a beautiful run through the woods, the boys were doing really well!!!

 
Here we are coming to the pink color - they had people stationed there with masks throwing it at us as we ran through.  As you can see I put goggles on the boys so they wouldn't get it in their eyes.  Even then you had to hold your breath as you ran through.

 
You can see the yellow cloud up ahead.  They had five color stations that you ran through.

 
The boys and I after the race.  Michael wasn't happy because water was dumped on his head, but the boys ran or scootered the whole 5K!!!  I was so proud of them!!!  They kept up well and had so much fun sprinting after people to throw color on them.  I was really worried I lost them a few times during the race.

 
Sarah, Collette and I after the race.  It was my first one and I hope not to be my last.  It was really a lot of fun!!!
 
Sunday, October 19th, was our annual bowl-a-thon.  This year Michael was able to bowl in it as well!
 
 
David stayed with his den most of the time since he is the leader - we were a little late because I had the wrong time, but that was okay because the boys caught up quickly!

 
Michael excited to get his bowl on!!! 

 
AJ bowling, he wasn't able to use bumpers, only Tigers were allowed.

 
Michael on a roll!!  They both did really and I was proud of them!  It was the end to a great weekend, and some fun family time!

No comments:

Post a Comment