Thursday, January 7, 2016

Tree Lighting Ceremonies

Now that AJ is in fourth grade he was able to sing in the 4th and 5th grade "choir."  It only happens during the holiday season and they are invited to two different tree lighting ceremonies on different posts.


AJ was very excited about doing it!!  He was trying to stress me out even further during a busy season, but I am glad he did it!!  That is his music teacher.


This was a great band that played before the actual ceremony!!  I enjoyed listening to them!!


They were one of two choirs to sing and the only all children one.


Look at how cool they look!!!


I have never seen this type of performance before, it was a mime one and pretty neat they way they did it!!  It was a good ceremony, unfortunately we had to leave a little early so we could feed the kids and get them to karate on time.


Later in the week we headed to a different kaserne and did another one.  The high school jazz band came a played first, that had to be cold out there.


Then out came the kids and I was shocked to see them without their coats on!!  It was really cold.  I guess the principal told them to take them off.


They had a few more kids show up to this one, it is a little bigger one than the first one.


Cool kid look!!!  I was very proud of AJ getting up there and singing and committing to it.


They had all sorts of booths set up with free hot chocolate and cookies!!!  The boys did like that!!!


David was able to make it to both of them which was AWESOME!!!  Michael was really happy Daddy was there!


After a few words, the tree was lit!!!


And look who came in making a grand entrance on a fire truck - yes no other than Santa Claus!!!


My boys are sooooo cute!!!  I think they had a lot of cookies by this point!!!  :-)


They still humor me and let me take their picture with Santa Claus!!  I am glad!!!!  It was a good time and the kids did a great job of singing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment