Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Black Belt Testing

On Saturday, July 9, I was set to test for my second degree black belt.  I was extrememly nervous, but thankfully one of my partners in crime was testing with me.


We started out with doing our katas.


Then we had to show 250 self defense moves.


We even had a little fun during the testing.  I always laugh with Sensei Ezter!


Professor Jorge threw us through a loop and told us we had to grapple.  This is something we hadn't done for at least two years.  But we did a good job and tried to make sure we didn't hurt each other.


At the very end they always make us answer questions.  But by this time, all the pressure was off and I felt sooooo much better!!!


Professor Jorge putting on my 2nd degree black belt!!!!!!


My boys and I - it has been a wonderful time being in karate with them and learning beside them!


The whole family, and yes Master Jay is family now.  He has been our Sensei for three years now and helped us every step of the way!!!


Sensei Ezter and myself with our certificates and Professor Jorge and Master Jay!


You better watch out we are now 2nd degree black belts and we can hold our own!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment