Saturday, June 15, 2013

AJ's last day of 1st grade and end of coach pitch season

Well Thursday was a sad and happy day - it was AJ's last day of first grade.  I really can't believe that it is already summer and he is now a 2nd grader.  Where does the time go?  I really wish I knew.  I am a little sad because I LOVE his teacher and am going to miss volunteering for her next year, but I know we will stay in touch and hopefully Michael will get in her class when he goes into first grade.  So AJ and I wanted to get her a little gift to say thank you for all that she has done for us this year.
 
She is so genuinely happy it is fantastic!!!  We had a little poem for her attached to the cup and it was really cute and we meant every word in it!

 
Mrs. Richardson made autograph books for the kids, so they are going around getting all the autographs of their friends.

 
For the last day, she decided to have brunch, so we all brought in different breakfast items and it was quite a spread.  AJ begged me to make chocolate chip cookies.  Of course I said yes, but the only problem, I was so busy that I forgot until about 11 pm and then had to make them.  I haven't really gotten much sleep lately and can't wait to catch up a little, I hope.  ;-)

 
The boys enjoying their brunch!!!

 
AJ is deep in thought about something, not sure what it is.

 
Some of the boys and Julie hamming it up!  It was a great class and such a wonderful learning environment, we are really going to miss it next year.

 
AJ and Mrs. Richardson
 
Then today was the boys' last baseball games.  This afternoon AJ had a pizza party to celebrate the end of the season.  It was a great season, with a great coach and great parents also!!

 
So happy just to be there!!  I love his smile and cheerfulness!!!

 
Gotta love pizza!!!  He is such a ham!!!

 
The boys love to do their pouty lips because it always makes me laugh!!!

 
The coach talking about how well AJ did this year on the team!

 
His trophy!!

 
He was pretending that he was hitting with it!!  It was a good way to end the year and made some new friends as well!!  Now we are off for our cruise, so you won't be see anything for a couple of weeks, but check back in July and you will see what we did on our cruise!!!  Hope you have a great start to the summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment