Sunday, October 27, 2013

Heidelberg

David wasn't able to go with us the first time we went to Heidelberg, so our friends were heading out there on Monday, October 14th, and invited us along.  So off we went.  Who am I to say no to traveling?  :-)

 
The boys running up the hill.  It is really steep and I am not sure how they run up it!  It is hard enough walking up it.

 
The adults lagging behind :-)  Gracie, since she has the shortest legs, gets a bit of a shoulder ride from her dad.  :-)

 
The river and town of Heidelberg.

 
It is truly a beautiful sight, so peaceful and serene.

 
Then back to goofy - AJ having fun up in the castle!

 
David enjoying the view!
 

 
The big boys hanging out!!

 
We brought our picnic lunch again and enjoying sitting inside since it started to rain on us.

 
The adults, and of course the girls had to get a glass of the very good wine we had last time.  I had to let David try it after all.  ;-)  Okay maybe it is just because I wanted to have one.

 
The boys waiting for the rest of the tour.

 
All the kids laughing and having a great time!!!  LOVE IT!!!

 
David and I in Heidelberg castle.
 
 
We headed over to the fountain where we were going to let the kids play soccer and we found this where they played soccer before.  We are not sure what it is or what its purpose is, all we know is that it took the best place to keep some what clean and play soccer.

 
But who cares about clean - we played some soccer anyway. 

 
This time we went into a couple of churches.  I am not sure what denomination it was but check out the organ!!!  I would love to get my hands on that and play a little bit.

 
Stained glass windows - I never get tired of seeing them.

 
This was the catholic church.  On the outside it looked really old but it looks like they spent a lot of money fixing up the inside.  I would be afraid to bring my kids here because of all the white paint.
 
 
The murals in here were huge and really stuck out because of the white walls.

 
I am not sure if this is supposed to bring you good luck or what, but fun nonetheless.

 
AJ did a pull up all on his own to get his face in there.  I wish I could do a pull up! 
 
 
The family on the bridge.

 
Last time I took a picture there were a lot of people in front of it.  I like this clean and just the entrance to the bridge!

 
The boys - see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil!  Love them!!!

 
A look at the castle without all the scaffolding like last time!!  Much prettier!!! 

 
Gracie didn't want her Frappuccino from Starbucks (vanilla type milkshake thing) so Michael gladly finished it for her!!

 
David and Gracie having an in depth conversation.

 
Check out the leaves changing, I bet a few weeks later and the whole hill will have the leaves changing.  It was a fun filled day with of course, ice cream for the boys.  :-)   I think I am spoiling them a bit and they think whenever we go out they need ice cream.  I have to tell them it is when we are going to see something new.  But if I was a kid I would work on getting ice cream as much as possible too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment