Sunday, December 15, 2013

Paris - Day 1

For Thanksgiving week we decided to take a big trip to Paris.  We had never been there before and Mom was there over forty years ago and wanted to see what had changed.  Also since we arrived in Germany I promised the boys that we could go to Disneyland Paris when Grandma and Grandpa came and they were soooooo excited!!!!  We decided to stay at the Davy Crockett Ranch which is part of Disneyland hotels.  We arrived, started unloading our van and to our surprise who came to welcome us...

 
That is right - Pluto!!!!!!!!  I am not sure who was more excited me or the boys.  :-)  And yes I made Dad and Mom take a picture with Pluto also because it was way too cool!!!
 
 
Also a personal welcome on the screen when we walked in the door.  We were very sad that Mr. Vandeway wasn't with us at the time.

 
We also had Mickey Mouse shampoo and soap!!!

 
We decided to head and take a look around and we were on Davy's Farm - I didn't know my husband had a farm there.  :-)  LOL

 
It was Christmas all around the place.  We told the boys that we could head to the pool when we arrived.

 
My boys and I in the pool.  It was truly amazing how few people were there.  I knew it would be less than normal because we arrived on a Sunday and most people leave then, but there were only around 12 people in the pool.

 
Mom decided to jump on in with the rest of us.  They had a huge pool, a slide, whirlpool, lazy river, waterfall and hot tubs!  It was great!!!  There were a couple of times that we were the only four people in the whole pool.  The lifeguards just followed us depending on where we were because we were the only ones there!  After getting fully water logged we headed back to our bungalow.
 
 
The boys outside the bungalow - they loved the woods and all the sticks!

 
The boys LOVED game night!!!  So did my parents and I.  We played every night they were here.  It was either Angry Birds Uno or Spinner Dominoes.  They also started a tradition while Mom and I were cooking dinner, the boys played kings in the corner with Dad.  They were getting really good too!!!  It was a great first day of vacation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment