Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cub-anapolis and Christmas cookies

On Sunday December 7th, the scouts had their big cub-anapolis.  This year I was in charge of the program so I was a little stressed, OK a lot stressed.  I have had so much going on and I have been subbing at school every day that I couldn't seem to get a breath.  I was looking forward to this and it being done so I could check one more thing off of my list.  Since I was running it and David is a den leader, I didn't have as much time to take pictures.
 
 
Michael standing tall as the flags are brought in.

 
AJ and his team waiting for the event to get started.

 
AJ was the first driver for his den.  This year they decided to do a pizza delivery smart car, a flying one.  It turned out really good!

 
AJ being "refueled," or eating applesauce.
 
 
Both Michael and AJ's den made it to the finals this year.  Michael's den did a tiger them.   He was the driver for the final race. He wasn't excited about eating the applesauce though because he doesn't like applesauce.

 
Here Michael's den is "changing the tires."  That is where they take off the shoes, socks, turn the socks inside out and then put them all back on.  It is very time consuming, but they were doing a great job!
 
 
Here AJ's team is doing the same, "changing the tires."  Neither one of their dens won this year, but they all did such a great job!!!  I for one was glad it was over.  I really have to learn how to say no.  :-)

 
When we arrived home that night I decided it was Christmas cookie baking time!!  The boys are always excited about making cookies.  It is one tradition that they love!!!

 
Michael did a great job rolling out the dough!  He is turning into a great baker!

 
AJ helping me mix the next batch (we made four and that was just the first round for teachers).  He is also becoming quite the baker!!!  I am so glad that both my boys like to help me bake!!  Sometimes I think it is just because they get to eat some of the batter at the end, but I like to think it is because it is more time with Mom.  :-)

 
Now for the shapes - they are very particular about which ones they use.

 
Michael with flour all over his face.  :-)

 
So on Monday night we needed to decorate them.  Here they are mixing our colors.  They don't like to just use red a green, so we had blue, yellow, brown and white.

 
And the process begins.  We had A LOT of cookies to frost.  The boys lasted about 45 minutes and then they left me on my own to finish them up.

Here is our first round of cookies.  These were off limits to the family because I had so many I needed to give to teachers.  Since we have been here awhile and I like so many of them, my list has gotten bigger.  :-)

 
This is their favorite part of frosting the cookies - eating the frosting.  We make my dad's good, homemade frosting!!  I have to admit it is really yummy!!!!  I do make them wait until all the cookies are frosted before they get to lick the bowls.  :-)  It is so much fun!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment