Saturday, January 18, 2014

Kids sports

So there haven't been as many travel posts lately, since David is gone and we are so busy with the kids activities we don't have a lot of time.  We also want to have David with us on our adventures as much as possible!!  AJ is playing basketball this season.  Michael decided he didn't want to until he saw his brother playing, but it was too late by that time.  I am coaching basketball this season.  I decided I didn't have enough to do so I wanted to add more onto my plate.  :-)  His team is doing great!!!  It is fun to coach his team!  The only problem with that is that I can't take pictures of him playing because during the games I am also a ref and running up and down the court.  I will try and see if I can get another parent to take a few for me.  The boys are also in karate, they just started in November and had a two week break for Christmas break.  They were able to test on January 18th, already for their yellow belts!!!  They have worked so hard, practicing almost every day at home to make sure they have everything down pat!!


Here they are waiting for their turn to show their stuff.  I recorded both their turns showing the masters, but for some reason I can't get it off my camera.  They both did it without a mistake and great form!


Next up was sparing.  Here AJ was getting all suited up.


He is all set.  They had him spar with a yellow belt that was testing for her orange belt.  He did great!


Michael's turn, gearing up.


He was the second youngest there so he sparred with the youngest, a four year old girl.  They put a master behind each one of them, one to help her and one to hold Michael back.  It was pretty funny.  He landed some really good kicks and punches, but then the masters started blocking all of his kicks and punches.  He did great!!!


Here they are waiting for their yellow belt!!!  They are so excited!!!

Taking off their white belts and yellow belts on!!!


Two of the newest yellow belts!!!  I know I have already said this but they are really dedicated to karate and I am extremely impressed and so proud of them!!  They are really enjoying learning it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment