Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunny Days

We kept really busy during Christmas break.  We did rock climbing, swimming, roller skating, sight seeing, movies and it was so nice on Friday we decided it was an outdoor kind of day.  It started off with some fun with new presents for Christmas.


They received some spider man web slinging stuff.  They started off with the water one.


Then we decided to go in the backyard and use some of the web slinging silly string.


Michael is aiming up at AJ, you can see they have started in on the grass.


AJ thought it would be funny to sling some at the house.


The boys just cracking up over it all.


AJ decided to decorate the tree - he had a lot of fun when I told him he had to clean up the mess.  :-)


You can see the yard, nice and stringy!!  After the clean up, we decided to continue our day outside.


We grabbed the bikes and headed out.  It had been a long time since we had rode and I was so glad to get the boys out on them.


Though I figured something out, they are much faster than they were before and I can't keep up with them without running now.


My only hope was when they were going up hills, then I could actually catch up, but then I had to push them up.  :-)  We had two set backs, both of them chains.  Michael's came off first and I was able to put it back on, but then AJ's came off and I couldn't get his back on until we got back home and I had some tools.  That did end our bike riding, but we had a good time nonetheless.  The weather has been so mild lately that even the trees aren't sure what is up.  In our backyard one tree actually has pink blossoms on it.  Crazy, but we are enjoying the nice weather as much as we can because we know that it won't last.  The boys started back to school this last week, which also included karate, scouts, basketball and basketball games.  I think we all were a little tired at the end of the week.  After two weeks of being able to sleep in that alarm was not a welcome sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment