Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trier Christmas Market

So David arrived home on Friday, December 20th, from the states.  He had been up for a long time, but to try and switch him back quicker I made him stay up longer.  We went and made sure his flight back to the states was good and then off for lunch and bowling.  After that, hair cuts for the boys and then I finally let him take a quick nap, he was almost asleep on the three minute ride home.  :-)  He told me I could plan a few things while he was home, so one of those things was a Christmas market of course!!!  The boys have never been to Trier - not really an interesting children town, but really beautiful, close and supposed to have a good Christmas market.  So on Saturday we were up and headed to Trier.

 
The boys in front of the main cathedral.

 
David checking out the cathedral.  The boys I think are pretty much done with looking in churches.  Every time I talk about going into one, there are very against it.  I guess they think once you have seen one you have seen them all.  I told David the rest of Trier we would come back and see when he had a day off and the kids were in school.

 
Then we headed into the market.  These three gentleman were playing their instruments and collecting money for children.  They were neat to listen to. 

 
The boys wanted candy and chocolate covered apples.  AJ didn't like his and Michael didn't like his.  Luckily AJ at least liked Michael's.  We ended up getting Michael some cotton candy, I know - big surprise there.  :-)

 
My boys - they are all so handsome!!!

 
I thought these were really cool!!  They are made out of vegetables and plants!!  I haven't seen them before.

 
The boys in front of the last remaining gate of the Roman time.

 
This was something new that I wanted to try.  It is a traditional German dessert, served hot with cherries on top and a pastry filled with vanilla sauce.  It was so yummy!!!  Everybody liked it, except Michael.  He wouldn't try it, but that is okay, more for the rest of us!!

 
Michael being Mr. photographer!!!

 
As we were heading out it was getting dark - lights were going on and it is always a pretty sight!!!  I had a good time and enjoyed looking around and even finding a few things that I really liked!!!  David even managed to stay awake all the way home.  Jet lag really isn't any fun, especially since he is only going to be home for eight days before he heads back to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment