Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cookie Decorating and Karate

Our December has been really busy, so on Saturday, December 14th, we were finally able to do our traditional Christmas cookies.  I wasn't sure if I had the energy to do them, but when the kids came in to the kitchen and saw what we were doing they both were so excited and said they LOVE making Christmas cookies with me!!  That right there made it all worth it!!!

 
The start of the frosting - the mess I had before when we were baking the cookies, it looked like flour exploded over the whole kitchen.  I also found out that I was out of green food coloring.  Luckily we did a little science and mixed yellow and blue so we had green!!!

 
We had a lot of cookies to frost - here is about an hour in and there was still a ton more!

 
Michael very excited about the frosting.  Though I did tell them no licking anything until we were all done.  The boys lost interest a little after an hour.  So there I sat for about another 45 minutes frosting the rest of the cookies.  The boys had fun and so did I!!!

 
On Tuesday and Thursday we have Karate and this week the parents were able to sit in the room and watch.  The boys are getting their instructions from their leaders.

 
Coming across the room working on their kicks.

 
Next, on to punches.

 
Check out that form - love it!

 
AJ earned his last stripe as a white belt so he was able to work with one of the leaders doing other things.  I still think it is dangerous to give him a stick though.  :-)  He is doing so well, both boys are!!  AJ gets to test in January for his yellow belt and he is so excited!  Michael has one more stripe to get before he can test, but he does have a couple of weeks to get it.  We have been working on it during the break.  The boys are really into Karate right now!  I really love it!!  It is something they can grow with and have good discipline.  I am hoping they will continue to enjoy it and move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment