Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sea World - Day 1

So the next day we had to do a few things, Porchea and family had just moved into the house and had their stuff delivered on Friday and we showed up on Monday three days later.  So we needed to do a little grocery shopping, sandals for the boys, etc.  So we went to one of my favorite places to go and one that I do miss in Germany, any guesses?!?!

 
Yep Costco!!! The boys and I were very excited!!!  There weren't a lot of places that I wanted to go while I was in the states but Costco was one.  Though Porchea still argues that Sam's is better.  The jury is still way out on that one.  :-)

 
On Wednesday June 18th we headed off to Sea World.  Look at those silly kids - I just love all of them!!!

 
They were all excited about going to Sea World!!  We hadn't been there for at least three years, so both boys have grown and were excited about some of the new rides they could go on!

 
The seven of us ready to start our day at Sea World!!

 
The cool kids!!!  I can't tell you how excited they all were to be spending so much time together


We decided to focus on some shows for this day (we bought a seasons pass because it was the same price as a day).  We started of with Azul which is still one of my favorites!


 
This guy was hilarious!!  He had us all laughing before the show began.

 
You can just see him at the top with one of the "green lizards" as my boys called them getting ready to dive in the pool far below.

 
One thing I really like about this show is that they still can swim with the dolphins and there is a lot of variety in the show!!!  Next we headed to my show that I love also!!!  I used to want to be a killer whale trainer when I was in high school.

 
Shamu - One ocean!  They are still beautiful creatures and amazing!

 
They had a new little one, this baby is only about six months old and goes wherever the mom goes.  It was so cute!!

 
You can't see them very well, but the kids are down right on the middle of that splash zone and loving every single minute of it!!!

 
And the final pose.  It was a good show, but I do miss having the trainers in the water with them.

 
A new thing they have now in Sea World is recycled art.  Everything on this is something that was thrown into the sea or ocean that was garbage.  They really look neat!  Then the boys and I headed to Steel Eel.  Michael was so excited that he could do the roller coaster now.  He just made it at 48" and LOVED it!!!!

 
Next was Rio Loco - Alex really didn't want to go on it at all, but I wouldn't take no for an answer.  He tried any way he could but then he went on it and he LOVED it and wanted to go back for more!  Gracie wasn't quite tall enough for this one, so we were heading  over to Atlantis for her.

 
Another recycled work of art - a shark this time.

 
Gracie and I are in the second to back row, and the three boys are in the very back.  We were stuck up on top for about 10 minutes while they were trying to work on it.  We were doing fine up there, but Porchea was a little worried down below since I had two of her three children up there. ;-)

 
After that they wanted to get splashed by the boats as they went by

 
Since it was such a hot day, the pose headed over to the Bay of Play, which is really a big water fun area

 
The children were having such a wonderful time!!!  They were all thoroughly soaked by the time there were done.

 
End of the day, the children were ravenous, eating popcorn that Porchea had.  It is like we never feed them.  But we did do a lot and they worked up an appetite!!  We had a wonderful day at Sea World and didn't even go into their main water park, that was for the next day.  ;-)  We all went home pretty exhausted, but a good exhausted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment