Tuesday, July 22, 2014

State Side

So I have been away a long, long time from my blog.  It has been sooooo busy.  We have been in the states for about five weeks now and I am just now having time to even look at all the thousands of pictures that I took.  So I am going to start working on them and hopefully catch up before I get back to Germany.  :-)  On June 16th we headed to Frankfurt airport early in the morning.  When we arrived, the allotted three hours early, we found out that are plane has been delayed an hour and a half.  With that delay when we checked in they already had to change our connecting flight.  So we decided to head to McDonald's and have a little breakfast before we went through security.  We found a cool play structure that the boys were able to play in.

 
It is a cool rocket with a slide and everything.
 
 
Including a ball pit!!!  The boys had a blast with these!!!

 
They took them up here and tried to slide them into the door at the bottom.  Since we had four and a half hours before our flight, we let them play for quite awhile.

 
We told the boys they had to collect all the balls that didn't make it into the door.   They were great sports about it!  After that we headed to security and said goodbye to David for about two and a half weeks.  As we were heading through passport control I handed them our civilian passports and they asked where our military passports were.  I said I didn't have them, they were back at home over an hour away.  He said I had to have them to get through.  I panicked so hard and was trying to figure out what I could do, I asked him and he said "Have a great time in the states."  It took me a minute to register what he said and then I profusely thanked him.  So after that late start, the plane ride was smooth, the boys were great!!!  We made our connecting flight to San Antonio and had great flight attendants!!  Then after 20 hours of traveling we finally made it to San Antonio!!!

 
I can't even tell you how I felt here, I was so excited, happy, all sorts of emotions.  I missed them so much and was sooooo excited to spend the next couple weeks with them!!!  Then we headed to their house and picked up the kids and it was like we never left, the kids just started right where they left off!! 
 
 
Back with my kids!!!  I sure missed them!!!
 
 
 
Friends re-united again!!!!
 

My Gracie!!!!  Boy how I love her and all of them!!!!

 
We made it awake until 9:30 pm San Antonio time with no sleep (I tried on the plane, but the boys kept waking me up)  and off to sleep we went after over 24 hours.  The biggest problem was the boys woke up at 2 am and then again at 4:30 am when I told them they could get up and I was up with them.  But it gave me time to work on my wonderful blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment