Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Washington State here we come!!

So we left around 6 pm San Antonio time, lost two hours in time zone change and arrived at my parent's house at 1 am WA time.  Boy was I tired, and you guessed it, the boys did not let me sleep on the plane this time either.  :-)  We were very quiet and didn't wake up my parents.  The next day on July 2nd, my brother and his family came over from Idaho.  They arrived just as we finished putting up the pool  It was such a great reunion!!!  The kids started playing within seconds of seeing each other even after two years of being apart.

 
They jumped right into the pool!!  It was hot outside and the pool felt good even though it was really cold.

 
Michael decided he needed a little rest in Grandma's sky chair.  ;-)

 
The kids decided to build a fort because with the wind it was a little chilly.  The next day we enjoyed each other and laughed and played games.  David was flying in that evening so I took off to fetch him with Michael.

 
David arrived safely with not too much sleep in a 20 hour period, he was a trooper and trying to stay awake while Dad was cooking dinner.

 
The family back together again - it is so wonderful!!  That is one of the things I miss most about being in Germany is the time spent with family.

 
Since we were spending the 4th with David's family, we decided to do fireworks on the third.  The kids have a front row seat.

 
Al was our master of ceremony and lit all the fireworks.

 
I made sure the kids let out some ooohhhs and aaahhhs during the show.

 
David found Mom's chair and was trying to stay awake through the fireworks, he was up to almost 24 hours without sleep.  He did really good!!

 
Michael really wanted to help but we said it was for Uncle Al to do.
 
 
It was such a beautiful night, the sky was gorgeous all around us!!!  They just don't have sunsets like this in Germany.

 
After that we headed inside and Michael was going at full tilt - he and Grandpa always have a great time!

 
Then he thought it was so funny to give me a nuggy and I gave him my "mom" look and I think he laughed even more.  It was a fun night of games and laughter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment