Thursday, August 14, 2014

APPLESAUCE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

So five years ago my applesauce tree fell and then my applesauce was no more.  Well my wonderful dad searched and searched for the specific type of apple that I wanted and finally found a transparent apple tree for me!!!  He planted it and we didn't expect anything for at least another year or two, but as you saw before we have apples.  Well it was time to pick them and make some applesauce!!!
 
 
Michael on the run for the tree!!
 
 
AJ close behind him with our box for picking.

 
The boys did a great job of picking the apples, I told them the correct way to do it and they caught on really quick.  Though if they had to do it for a living they would have to get a little quicker.  ;-)

 
Our box of apples - oh I can't wait to make the applesauce!!

 
The boys were working together to carry the box back home.

 
So we make applesauce the old fashioned way.  This is how my great-grandmother made it.  We cook the apples until they are really soft.  It is a slow process but lucky, or unlucky, we only had a half a box of apples so it was only a few hours.

 
The boys checking out what I was doing.  They didn't help a ton, but that is ok.

 
And of course my wonderful Mom always helping out too!!!

 
This was used by my great-grandmother to make applesauce.  You put the cooked apples, core, skin and all and then siphon it out.

 
Then you get all this fresh cooked apples and then add sugar and.....

 
viola - applesauce!!!  We made seven big containers and I think I almost finished one the same day!!  It was soooooooooooooo YUMMY!!!!!  I enjoyed it the rest of the time I was there.  I was nice and even shared some with my kids and one with my dad and brother.  If you ask my family that took a lot for me.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment