Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

David made it safely back to Germany with a long travel day.  The boys and I settled in for a two week stay at my parent's house.

 
One of the wonderful things about living in an orchard is the ability to make mud anywhere.  This was my boys second favorite place to make mud!!

 
They got really muddy and had so much fun!!  I love having boys!!!


 
On Sunday we decided to take the boat out again, this time with Grandma and Grandpa.  Grandpa hadn't been out on the boat in two years so he was excited about getting it out on the water again.

 
AJ did a bit of tubing and had a good time!

 
Michael on the other hand, just not as big a fan of the boat.
 
 
So we decided to stop at a beach along the river and Michael was in his element!!!  It was a warm day with lots of sand to play in.
 
 
Mom held onto the rope so the boys wouldn't go out into the river and I didn't have to swim after them.

 
AJ chilling in a tube. 

 
Dad enjoying being in his boat!


 
Michael playing in the sand.  They made a lot of great mud pies for me.  I was pretty full after all of them.

 
Then we headed back in to shore and while Dad and I pulled the boat up the boys went over to the play area at Lincoln Rock Park and do some more swimming!

 
Michael digging the rocks.

 
So much fun in the river!!!!  It is so great to see smiling faces!!!

 
Another fire sunset - such a sad thing all the houses lost in the area this year.  But there was such a great out pouring of love and support for all those affected in the fire, it made me really proud of my home town and home state!

No comments:

Post a Comment