Thursday, August 14, 2014

Leavenworth time

On Saturday July 26th, the boys and I headed up to Leavenworth to visit Grandma Sue and Grandpa John.  One really cool thing about where they live, is that it is walking distance to the river.

 
So off we went down through the woods to head for the Wenatchee river.

 
Michael and AJ were having a great time throwing the ball for Jaz and she was loving getting it!!!  She is like the energizer bunny, she would not quit.

 
AJ decided to race her to the ball.

 
Jaz did win, but AJ is all smiles anyway!!!!

 
Michaels turn to swim - he didn't stay in too long because he said it was too cold.

 
This time AJ decided to grab onto Jaz's tail and catch a ride, you can see she was turning around to see what he was doing.   I don't think she liked it much, but she was a good dog and tolerated it!!!

 
Michael said, "I am king of the world!!"

 
Brothers - I love these boys!!!!!

 
Jaz was tired of chasing the ball, so now she is dunking for a golf ball.

 
They boys decided it was time for some sand playing.  We all were getting hungry so we decided to hike back up to their house for a late lunch.

 
The boys getting sprayed down to get most of the sand off of them.  I think they enjoyed it a bit too much!!!

 
Then off to play on the rocks and with the hose.

After swimming Jaz needs a good brushing.  AJ and Michael jumped right in to help.  After a wonderful afternoon with Grandma Sue and Grandpa John we decided to take a walk into downtown Leavenworth.  I hadn't been there in years and wanted to see what had changed and also compare it to the German towns I have now been in. 

 
I love these flower pots - they were all over town so full and beautiful!!!!

 
The boys were exhausted, they could barely walk to the town, but as soon as they saw a big, grassy hill that was mostly empty they went running for it.  They said they had to roll down the hill!!  Michael started it!!!
 
 
AJ of course had to join in.  I couldn't get them away from the hill.  I had a wonderful chat with a very nice Australian couple while they were playing.  I finally bribed them with ice cream if they were ready to go.

 
So we found my old favorite ice cream shop and had some yummy ice cream!!!  It was a great way to end another fun filled day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment