Sunday, August 10, 2014

Western Washington here we come!

On Friday, July 11th, we were going to leave early in the morning around 7:45.  Well my boys had a different idea.  They decided to get up around 5 am and then leave the door open and  wake me up.  So I closed the door and went back to sleep and then again at 6 am I heard them and I closed the door and told them to be quiet.  But then I couldn't get back to sleep so I said heck with it, we are just going to get up and leave.  We said our goodbyes to Mary and tearfully left Pullman.
 
 
The one thing I love about Pullman area is the wheat fields.  They are just so beautiful blowing in the wind!!

 
So you remember that I said the boys were up early, well it was a little too early by the looks of it, the slept for hours on the way to Western Washington.  I couldn't believe it, they were sleeping while I was awake.  I almost woke them up, but then I thought better of it and let them sleep.


 
My boys sporting their new cougar gear!!!  Like father, like son.

 
Our first view of beautiful Mt Rainier!!  It truly is a magnificent site!!!  We finally made it to our friends' house.  Another wonderful reunion with dear friends!!  We had a wonderful afternoon catching up on the past couple of years.

 
After dinner we headed down to a nearby park and played some soccer.  I almost took Megan out, but decided it was too early in our vacation.   :-)  We all had a great time!!!

 
As the sun was setting Mt Rainier was looking really beautiful!

 
Then back home and we decided to play a little badminton while the boys continued to sit and relax.

 
There was a beautiful sunset that night!!  I truly missed these wonderful sunsets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment