Monday, August 18, 2014

Kalaloch - Day 2

I love the fresh ocean air, the sound of the waves and all the wonderful things to do outside!!!  The boys actually slept in a little, which is really not normal, but it was great!!!  We all got up slow because we didn't have anything that we had to do!!  It was such a good feeling!  We didn't do a lot in  the morning, just chilled and enjoyed each other's company.  The kids really wanted to go to the beach though.

 
I finally broke and said we could go.  So we all put on swimsuits, grabbed beach chairs and sand toys, and headed down to the beach.
 
 
Their sand castles from the day before were still there, so they decided to add to them.  AJ worked with Kaitlyn on her castle and Michael helped Gabby with hers.  And Mom and I sat and read some books!
 
 
They all chose some of Kaitlyn's toy animals to put on their sand castles and actually built villages along with their castles.

 
It was really, really foggy this day.  You can just see Michael down there and he wasn't even near the ocean yet.

 
Then all four kids decided to head down to the ocean.  Michael was hilarious - he said the water was too cold and he didn't want to swim in it.  My feelings exactly.  I don't understand how I played in the ocean for hours and hours and hours as a kid.

 
I had lost the kids in the fog, so I decided I better walk down there and find out where they went to.  Well there was a dip where water was trapped and a little warmer.  I found them digging themselves into the mud to try and warm up.  They crack me up!!!

 
I turned around and this is what I saw of the beach.  You can't even see my mom up there.

 
You can kind of see them on the castle, they are surrounding their coliseum where I am not sure what all happened.

 
They have programs at Kalaloch at least five times during the week in the evening.  The boys wanted to head to the one about the Fishing King.  They learned a lot about bald eagles.

 
This was a baby eagle that didn't make it.  They say only 60% of baby eagles actually survive when they take their first leap out of the nest to learn how to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment