Friday, October 12, 2012

Apple Picking

 
A sunset over the weekend (taken from the van going over 85mph). It was AMAZING!

I thought this was too funny, they are all in 1st grade together

 
Michael always trying to fight with Dad

 
or race with him!

 
in the trees picking


 
Trying to find the big ones - was a hard thing to do, not many of them

 
AJ taking his turn at the wheel barrow

Michael trying to push it uphill

Daddy helping Michael a bit - AJ being silly

 
Very happy with his apples!


Had to check them all for worm holes, etc.

See no thinning

                                                   the four of us with our apples

playing on the monkey bars after picking

 
Trying to break something else :-)

A picture from the car trying to get the leaves, will work on getting a better one they are sooo BEAUTIFUL

Check out the gorgeous countryside - also you can see a lone tower at the bottom of the picture
 
 
This is the fourth and final fun outing we did of the weekend.  We were invited by some new friends to go apple picking with them.  Since I knew I couldn't get any of my dad's wonderful fruit, this came in as second best.  It was about a 45 minute drive and another beautiful one at that!!!  We haven't had a bad view on any of our drives yet.  It is very scenic here.  There were two types of apples that were good to pick Brae burns and Fuji.  I was very excited about the Fuji's because they are one of my favorites!!  I do have to say the apples are very good, even if they are small.  They don't believe in thinning them, so they were all pretty small.  It is good for snacks for the boys, bad for all the peeling to make a pie and an apple crisp.  That is all AJ has been talking about is me making an apple crisp.  He wants to take one to school for his class, so maybe I will make one for his birthday celebration we shall see.  But I digress once again.  We had wonderful company to pick apples with, I think about five other families were there with us.  They gave us wheel barrows and off we went.  It was pretty cold and wet.  Our feet were pretty chilly by the time we were done.  All the kids' pants were wet at the bottom also.  There were many smiles and happy children.  They also made their own apple wine and apple cider and apple schnapps.  So of course we had to buy some of each!!  The apple cider didn't have any preservatives, so it had to be drank fast before it turned into wine and it was soooooooooooooo good!!!  We haven't opened the others yet, but never fear we will get there!!!  After that was more errands trying to get my van to pass inspection.  I got the last parts I needed today so hopefully next week that will be finished also!  It is much more expensive to fix a car here than in the states, at least US cars.  Michael had a great birthday today and I will post about that and pictures tomorrow.  But he is very excited that he is a BIG 5 now!!!  Look out world here he comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment