Thursday, October 25, 2012

Well I finally have a few moments.  It has been a busy few days.  I volunteered on Tuesday to go on a field trip with AJ's class and the rest of the first grade to the fire department.  It was a pack of kids, about 54 of them.  It was so funny because when the kids walked into the fire department the fire fighters' eyes got really big.  I was in the back with the other moms saying "Show no fear, show no fear" because that is exactly what it looked like.  I talked to one of them in the middle of the tour and he said they are used to about 12-15 kids at most.  So this was a bit bigger.  :-)  But everybody made it through fine, the kids had a great time and so did I!  The weather is turning a bit colder now.  Not too bad.  The mornings remind me of the ocean trip with my family.  It is really foggy in the morning, covering the sun, sometimes a little drizzle.  But the afternoons have been getting sunny and really nice!!  So nice that yesterday after I picked up Michael, one of his friends and his mom went to a nearby parked and played for awhile!  It was really great!  I heard that I need to enjoy it while I can because it is going to get really rainy.  Speaking of rain, it is supposed to rain tomorrow and that is when AJ is going on his pumpkin patch field trip tomorrow.  So hopefully it will hold off until the afternoon if not it will be really muddy morning!  But we will be prepared for anything!!  AJ went to scouts tonight and should earn another 6 belt loops!  He is doing great and earning a lot in the little time he has been participating.  Michael is doing well also!  He is still loving school!  His teacher is awesome!!!  They are doing a gingerbread man play for Christmas and he is a farmer, just like his Grandpa!  He is so excited about it!!  He has been practicing his songs at home and telling me all about it!  It makes the 30 min drive one way worth it!  David is doing good but still working a ton, he has now found a way to work from home, so hopefully this will get him caught up soon and be able to come home earlier even if he has to work after the boys go to bed.   So I am putting up a picture of a cigarette machine.  This is a common thing here in Germany.  This one is on the way to the bus stop for AJ.  But they pop up in the weirdest places and there are a ton!  It is a little different having people smoke everywhere.  I also saw some Mario mushrooms on the way to the bus stop.  I have never seen any actually growing so had to take a picture of them.  Hope everybody is doing well!!!

 
The cigarette machine

 
one of the parks on the way to AJ's bus stop - there are four little ones

 
It was red ribbon week - crazy hat day

 
Mario mushrooms

 
Other big mushrooms

 
Michael's finished pumpkin (forgot to post pictures)

 
AJ's finished pumpkin

 
part of the 1st grade

 
The fire fighter's first look at all the kids  :-)


 
AJ and one of his friend's, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment