Monday, August 27, 2012

Al's first day of school


Well we had a little adventure today before school.  I had to take David into work and this was my first day of driving in Germany and I got lost on the way back.  I could find our hotel, but not the entrance into the other side of Vogelweh, so I had to park and have the kids run over the bridge to the school.  Was late, but they were all really nice.  I really like Al's teacher so far!!  She is very inviting, wanting us to volunteer and be in the classroom!!!  He said he had a good day except he didn't make very many friends.  I told  him it would take a little time.  Mikey and I had a good day though, we spent the first part at Al's school doing orientation and then went back for lunch.  After that was wrestling and a tickle fight, which in the middle of that he wacked the bottom of my chin with his cast completely on accident, but it hurt all the way up to my ears.  Oh man that cast is hard.  I can't wait to get it off so I stop getting hurt.  :-)  After that playing at the park, where I still have yet to see many kids out and about.  Back to get Al and then off to get David.  Been a good day.  I also found out that Michael made it into the pre-school on post!!!!!  Yeah!!  I am very excited!!!  It doesn't start till September 10th, but it will start!  It is up in Landstuhl which is about a 15-20 min drive, but it is something.  I think it goes from 8:30-11:30 am.  Tomorrow I get to pick up one of my friend's son to play with us and am very excited!!  I forgot how hard it was to entertain a child all day.  Without Al here to play with it was Mommy time, which I have to say was really nice also!  We haven't gotten a lot of time just the two of us so I am going to make the most out of the next couple of weeks with him!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment