Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend number 2








Well our second full weekend in Germany.  It was a full one and not sure where all the time went.  Friday was another errand day, I finally was able to register Al (AJ now wants to go by Al this year) for school which took awhile, checked in at CYS to see where Michael was on the wait list and let the boys play at McDonalds for awhile (do you know they charge if you want more ketchup?!?  I LOVE my ketchup and from now on will have to bring some of my own (LOL), took the boys to downtown K-Town for the first time but wasn't able to spend too much time there and finished it off with dinner at the Millers.   On Saturday we went to a USO function called fun in sun.  It had bouncey castles, face painting, balloon animals, segues, and more.  It was a great time for the boys.  I stood in line after line, but the boys had a blast!!  They even played some sand volleyball, tug of war and Michael really enjoyed listening to the live band.  I will post pictures later, David is downloading our new GPS which I am very excited about!!  We got it today and it is a military edition so it has some features that will be really great!  But back to Saturday.  After about 6 hours there we went over to the Millers for some card playing fun.  We taught them hearts and had a wonderful time playing and laughing.  The boys had a great time too playing Nerf guns, etc. with Austin.  Today we met Amber at the Ramstein BX.   We met them back at Fort Huachuca and it was soooooooooooooooooooo nice to see a friendly face and the boys were soooooooooo happy to play with Asher again.  I was also finally able to meet baby Tristan who is adorable.  We had a wonderful chat and were able to get caught up while the boys played in the play area there!  She lives around an hour away so it won't be our last visit!!!.  Al has his first day of school tomorrow and I think is excited because it is already 10 pm and he is still not asleep.  Neither of the boys are.  They have been laying in bed since 8 pm with lights out.  They have some great staying power, but Mommy will win out.  I just hope it is sooner than later because they are going to be really tired tomorrow when they have to get up early since we have to take David into work before Al goes to school.  Oh the wonderful joys of only having one car.  But soon we will have two, well another month or so before the van arrives, but it will get here.  :-)  David starts a week of training tomorrow and then the week after will start at his office doing his job, at least I think that is the plan as of right now.  We shall see.  But I think he is really glad to be getting back into the swing of things with work.  And I am glad that I will get on some sort of schedule.  Still hoping Michael makes it into the preschool here on post, every place is full but not giving up yet.  I think both he and I will go crazy if he doesn't have something to do.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment