Thursday, August 23, 2012

We have a car!!!



Another day another thing checked off of our list!!!  David bought a car today.  It is a 1995 Audi A4.  It is a manual which is fun to drive again and it runs great!  It is German spec so only KM/H, etc. which is nice while we are over here.  We were able to get it registered today on post, so we have the plates and everything!!  We are mobile again!!!  Thank goodness! Our great friend's the Millers were letting us borrower their car this week, but it is nice not to inconvenience them also.  We also got the contract signed by the landlord today so I can go and register AJ at school.  Good thing too because school starts on Monday.  Still looking for a place for Mikey to go, on the wait list, but not looking good.  We shall see.  I knew I should have started looking earlier in the spring, but oh well.  I will figure out something.  So one of the pictures I am posting is of Mikey, who wants to be called Michael now, sleeping and his cast is upright, not laying down on the bed.  I thought it was pretty funny!  Tomorrow is David's last day off and then back to the grind for him.  Still not sure the day we get to move into our house, but at least we have one.  The hotel isn't too bad, but it does get small after awhile and the internet can be really, really slow.  A few more things and we should have most things settled I hope.  My van isn't scheduled to be delivered till end of September, but it is getting here soon!  The line for registration and getting your POV is CRAZY!!!  I knew people warned me, but wow, it was quite a line, but not too bad of a process.  It has cooled down here a bit, we are down to the low 80s which is much more bearable.  I have taken the kids to the park the last couple of days to run off some energy.  But it is kind of weird, there are no kids at these parks.  Hard to meet anybody when they stay in their apartments.  Oh well, school is starting and we are thinking about getting AJ into boy scouts.  He is finally old enough to be able to do it!  I am very excited about that.  Oh and found a wonderful German food called a Doenner.  It is YUMMY and they have the shops on every corner!!  Almost like Starbucks in Washington state.  :-)  We haven't been out too much, but will get there.  Now that we have our own car we can go explore a little more.  I guess there is a cool castle in Landstuhl that we want to go see, they have great hiking trails and such (great place when my mom comes to visit to go hiking - hint hint).  Well off to bed hope you are all having a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment