Saturday, August 11, 2012

First day in Kaiserslauten



Last night David and I went in to Kaiserslauten for the first time with two friends Jen and Jeff.  We had a great time walking around the town and not even seeing an eighth of the town.  It is HUGE and all walking, no cars allowed in the "platz" or square.  It made me also realize how much I need and want to learn German.  There are some who speak a little English but I want to be able to converse with them in German, in time I know I will.  There were also a ton of street performers.  There was one that was riding around in a bed, one in a baby carriage, a parade of people in all sorts of costumes marching to drums, a clown that had the crowd drumming and clapping, and more.  There is one of the oldest churches in town that is still in use.  That is one thing, I love the architecture and we haven't even scratched the surface.  David tried some brats and loved it and I had some of their tea.  I can't wait to get some of their fresh bread, etc... it smelt sooooo good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment