Friday, August 31, 2012

Cast is off - almost there


Well Michael was a trooper, but it was painful.  Taking the cast off he was in tears, cleaning the wound--tears again.  Luckily the nurse was nice enough because he said he was supposed to make it bleed when he cleaned it, but he didn't do that to Michael.  Thank goodness!!  The pins were really stuck in his arm and they literally had to twist and pull them out one at a time.  One of the nurses had to hold him down so the doctor could take them out.  It was hard on him and me.  He is now in a splint for two weeks and hopefully after that he will be all done!  Afterward we stopped for a milkshake and then bought him a new toy at the BX.  He deserved it.  I was also introduced to my first Stau (traffic jam).  It took me an hour and a half when it normally takes me 10 minutes.  It was awful and the worst part is I didn't know another way to go.  The other way that I knew was worse.  Note to self, don't drive from Ramstein to Vogelweh at 4:30 in the afternoon.  :-)  Albert finished his first week of school and he said it was fantastic!!!  I am very happy about that!  I can't wait for Michael to start school so I can start volunteering in the classroom.  He still has until 9-10-2012 before he goes to pre-school.  Albert says his favorite part of the day is specials, which include Art, PE, Music, Host Nation and Problem Solving.  He likes all of them so far.  We have another busy weekend planned.  It is a four day, so today we did a few more errands trying to figure a few more things out.  Tomorrow is to get our internet set up for the new house and possibly cell phones and a BBQ, Sunday friends are over and Monday possibly head to see other friends in Wiesbaden.  Only about 10 more days in a hotel!!!  I can't tell you how glad we are going to be when we get into the house!!!  It will be nice to get settled!

No comments:

Post a Comment