Sunday, August 19, 2012

First full weekend


We had a busy weekend.  On Friday we went to housing to check to see if we were on the list and how long the wait time is.  For David's rank we are guaranteed a 3 bedroom townhouse.  So we are thinking about moving on post later.  The wait is about 5-7 months right now.  Then we took Mikey for his check up on his arm.  They said it looked great!!  They did take off the old cast and put a new one on.  I got to see the pins that were sticking out of his arm.  I didn't realize to get the pins out the just grab and pull.  So not looking forward to that because I know it will hurt.  On a good note, Mikey got a new cast and it is now camo and he loves it!!!  He will get his cast off and pins removed on August 30th.  I do have to say that cast does not slow him down a bit.  He was up on top of the monkey bars climbing, I think he is trying to give his mom a hard attack.  :-)  After that, we were able to see our good friends Vickie and Zachary!  Vickie and I had a great time chatting while the boys were playing away.  It was great to see a familiar face!  On Saturday we went and looked at another house and we LOVE it!!!  We are trying to get it and the current tenants are trying to help us get it.  So please pray and keep your fingers crossed that we get it.  It is in a great area, 3 miles from Vogelweh (where AJ will go to school) and there is a German Kindergarten right next door for Mikey if I can get him in.  And the house is perfect!!!  I will let you know how it goes.  We also looked at a few cars for David and did a little back to school shopping.  School starts Aug 27th and we have to get AJ enrolled tomorrow so he can start on time.  Last night we had a BBQ at our good friends the Millers, and then the adults went off into town and checked out a live band at one place in K-Town and then went to a quiet bar and played some pool.  David and I had our first shots called Applecorn and they were yummy.  I even beat the boys in pool a couple of games.  :-)   Only because they scratched on the 8 ball, but I will take it :-).  David and I are going to take our driving test tomorrow, so prayers please--we really want to pass the first time and be able to get a car to make things a little easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment