Monday, September 3, 2012

David's first post

Wanted to take a minute finally and post something on the blog.  Tammy has been awesome about getting this up and running (as she is with everything really) so I thought that since we have been here almost a month I should finally chime in.  Things are going well and Germany is beautiful!  From everything we have heard the weather is definitely not normally like this so we are trying to take full advantage of it as well as just finding reasons to get out of the hotel room.  The Miller's have been tremendously helpful and cannot imagine what we would have been going through if not for them.  The Army has good plans and what not to make the transition easy as long as the people here follow those plans, therein lies the problem unfortunately.  I will see if there is anything I can do to help those that follow along after us so that their transitions go as smoothly as possible.  Other than that things have gone well, it has been great seeing some friends that we have not seen in some time and making new friendships as well.  Looking forward to getting to work, tired of in-processing and hearing about everything I evidently need to fix.  I hear that the people that will be working for me are pretty good folks, just need a little direction.  Hopefully, with a lot of prayers, I will give them that direction.  I am certainly looking forward to getting into a routine again and cannot wait to move in to our new home.  I think all of us are really looking forward to it.  The new hooptie is great, needs a few minor improvements but it is pretty great so far and should save us some money on gas hopefully.  Tammy has been doing a great job of learning German so far and I am really proud of everything that she has done and learned thus far, I definitely married the right woman!  Well I hope that this post finds everyone doing well and planning trips to come visit us.  We are scoping out as much as we can to find the best places to visit and should have some really great places to see by the time our first visitors come to see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment