Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Friday

























I had a great day today!!!  It started out with a little time to myself to try and organize the house a little more before doing a little grocery shopping.  Then off to pick up Michael and have a playdate with one of the kids in his class.  We went to the "dinosaur" park and had a BLAST!!!  Oh my gosh this park is really cool, there is so much to see and do.  They have stuff that would never get passed for safety in the states.  There was a ropes course, a tree house that was at least two stories, if not more high, a slide that was probably running on 2 -3 stories high, cool swings, digging, climbing wall, pirate ships just to name a few.  We didn't even have time to get over to where they do miniature golf.  I went a little nuts with the pictures that I uploaded this time but I couldn't decide which ones.  They also change the theme throughout their seasons right now of course it is Halloween and it is also an under the sea theme.  It also has a place where the kids can play in the water on a hot day, with water pumps to make water wheels turn and everything.  They even have comfy lounge chairs for the adults.  You can also bring in picnic lunch and make a day of it.  I can tell you we will be visiting that often!  Only down fall is it is only open from April 1- Oct 31 so we are at the end of their season.  The other mom I went with has a lot of travel tips for places within 1-2 hours of here and some great parks etc. that she is going to tell me about!   I am very excited!!!  The boys were also popular today after school, two of the neighbors came over to play with them!  They really enjoyed that!  I think we are almost done with setting up the house.  David has been working some loooong hours so it is a slow go especially with all we are doing.  AJ had his second scout meeting last night and had a great time!!  They are learning about community and helping people.  Their assignment for this week is to make up a chore list for the week, design a fire escape plan and draw it out.  I think it is going to be really good.  He is also trying to memorize the items to get to the next rank.  He is doing great with that!!!  He is also doing challenge words for his spelling test now.  He has gotten 100% on all of his spelling pre-tests so he didn't have to take the regular test today, he did challenge words which are much more difficult.  I will see next week how he did.  All in all we are getting more settled in and the travel bug is really starting to hit me.  We have a four day weekend coming up and I will find someplace to go!!!  Even if it is four day trips!!  :-)  Again sorry about all the pictures, but I couldn't decide :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment