Wednesday, September 19, 2012








So I finally have the pictures of our house, not too many inside yet, it is still a little too messy.  It is getting better, but still finding places for things.  The boys decided since I finally found their floor they wanted to use the boxes for a fort and they had a great time doing it!!  We finally got our tv today, mostly German stations, but we paid for a few american ones so we can understand them.  Actually we got it for David and his sports!  I was able to volunteer at AJ's school this morning and had a great time and was asked if I could volunteer three times next week.  Busy busy.  Michael is still enjoying his Strong Beginnings.  I have had no agrument or fight in getting him to school.  He is excited to go!  He always has something to tell me that was exciting and he is still learning stuff.  :-)  I am hoping our van will get here soon, this juggling with one car is difficult when we are going so many different directions.  Thank goodness Jen lives close to us and works with David.  That helps out a ton!  The big dirt pile next to the house is going away.  I think they are going to start building there soon.  The boys are a little disappointed about the dirt pile going away.  They are building on the other side of us already and their is a huge crane.  They do everything in cement here, no wood.  I found a few things while driving that I really have to remember and pay attention since it is different over here.  The right of way is the hardest and bicyclists have the same rights as cars do.  Also one thing I really like is when the light is about to turn green the yellow light flashes once and then the light turns green.  That way you have a little advanced notice.  I am starting to drive a little more like the locals, only I don't speed.  I have no desire to be picked up by the German police and fall under their rules.  They are a little different.  For one thing if you refuse to take a breathalizer, they can forcefully (punch you in the nose to draw blood) make you take the test.  We are working on getting our first big trip hopefully soon, I have research to do and am soooo excited about it!!!  I can't wait.  I think the boys are settling in more now that we are getting into activities and friends are already coming a knocking to play with the boys.  I knew it wouldn't take too long!  We also finally met our neighbors that are attached to us, they were in the states when we moved in.  They are a couple with no kids and seem really nice.  Hopefully we won't be too loud for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment